Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sick of "Deflategate"? Well The Media Isn't.


So I thought that everyone was just as sick of hearing about Deflategate as I was. But apparently the media is not. Stories are still being published as recently as today making this now month long investigation still ongoing. There has been so many different Deflategate stories put out by the media  that people have gotten to the point where they don't even know what to believe anymore; we are all over it. Well, at least I am. First I heard that the Patriots "cheated" by playing with eleven out of twelve under inflated game balls, then I heard that the balls were taken away at halftime (which the majority of the people I talked to weren't even aware of). During the second half of the championship game the Patriots scored 28 points while the Colts scored 0, in my eyes, proving that cheating was not even a factor in the winning of this game. Later on I heard that the entire thing was started by Indianapolis followed by information stating that the entire thing was made up. Eventually I heard that it was in fact only one ball that was under deflated and various team and players, including the Patriots and the Colts, had no idea any balls were under deflated in the first place. Following these stories, I began to hear various other stories surrounding what may or may not have happened. The Patriots then went on to Superbowl XLIX and all the media seemed concerned with was Deflategate. Now, over two weeks later, it is being said that a "Patriots locker room attendant attempted to put an unapproved special teams football into play" during the AFC championship game on January 18th. Quite frankly, I don't want to hear anything else until a conclusion has been made. At this point, what are they going to do if everything is true? Take away the trophy? I don't think so. We (yes, we) earned that trophy after a beautiful play and nothing can change that. So come on media, give it a rest.



Here is the article I quoted:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/02/18/pats/MBR5rOZxVYGO57iSKkhncM/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment