Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Day Without Media

Its only a few minutes past 1pm and I have already failed to go an entire day without media. However, I knew I would fail before I even tried. My alarm is on my phone so from the second I wake up I am already using my phone. While driving to campus I didn't even hesitate to turn on my music, it has just become habit. I am picking up a textbook for my brother and I needed the name of it so naturally, I told him to "just text it to me". Using media is just something that I don't even consider anymore. You never really realize how much media you are using until you have to get rid of every piece of it. Ironically, I feel as if social media makes me anti-social. If I have my phone, laptop, or iPad then I have some form of social media outlet to bury myself in so I end up being anti-social. But if I don't have anything with me then I am forced to acknowledge the outside world and be social. 

No comments:

Post a Comment